Would you like to play a more active role in the community? Well, this is your opportunity – become a ZoneDetroit Project Ambassador. What does it mean to be a ZoneDetroit Project Ambassador? Your support would help us to raise our profile locally, increase public debate and build local support for the many zoning issues affecting Detroit today. If you are interested in becoming a Project Ambassador, email us today to see how you can help make Detroit a better place!
- Help us inform/educate citizens throughout the duration of the project (approximately 2 years)
- Project Ambassadors will be asked to conduct educational outreach activities in their community.
- Each Project Ambassador will be provided the most up-to-date information about the project at key milestones to share and discuss with community members.
- Serve as a resource for those who want to learn about the project, attend project events, connect with others, and share feedback
- Be a representative for your community
- Help your community express its needs, interests and concerns
- Be acknowledged on the project website for your role as Project Ambassador
- Assist our team in recruiting as many people as possible for ZoneDetroit’s key public events
- Be a local point of contact and support for the members of the community interested in the project
6 thoughts on “Project Ambassadors”
I would like to be an ambassador.
Do you need to live in the city to be an ambassador? Are there different neighborhood initiatives? Do you have the attention of City council? Where does financial support come from?
Ambassadors do not need to live in the City. ZoneDetroit has no specific neighborhood initiatives – it is a Citywide initiative to update the City’s Zoning Ordinance. The Detroit City Council approved the contract for this 2-year plus initiative. Funding for this citywide initiative was allocated from city funds.
I am interested in being a ambassador. I work with Councilmember McCalister now and would love to get this information out to the community and be a bridge between our office and this program.
I would like to be a Zoning Ambassador and I was born and raised in Detroit.
I would like to be a project ambassador. I am an architectural designer in Detroit and also would like to take on this role in my community.