ZoneDetroit will have a strong community engagement process that will involve a broad set of strategies to allow the greatest number of people to engage and interact with the process. The community engagement process for ZoneDetroit will be inclusive. A variety of engagement techniques will be used—including inventive, forward-looking techniques and traditional, time-tested ones—to solicit a wide range of feedback and to encourage active particaption.
Become a Project Ambassador
What does it mean to be a ZoneDetroit Project Ambassador? Public engagement has a central role to play in helping the City reach its goals. Your support would help us to raise our profile locally, increase public debate and build local support for the many zoning issues affecting Detroit today. If you are interested in becoming a Project Ambassador, email the ZoneDetroit project manager today.
- Help us inform/educate citizens throughout the duration of the project (approximately 2 years)
- Project Ambassadors will be asked to conduct educational outreach activities in their community.
- Each Project Ambassador will be provided the most up-to-date information about the project at key milestones to share and discuss with community members.
- Serve as a resource for those who want to learn about the project, attend project events, connect with others, and share feedback
- Be a representative for your community
- Help your community express its needs, interests and concerns
- Be acknowledged on the project website for your role as Project Ambassador
- Assist our team in recruiting as many people as possible for ZoneDetroit’s key public events
- Be a local point of contact and support for the members of the community interested in the project
Sign Up for the Newsletter
Sign up for digital updates straight into your inbox. Don’t worry, we won’t overwhelm you with too many emails!
Go to Public Events
A variety of public events will be held at various times throughout the project. Go check one out, go ask questions, go see what is being presented, go meet your neighbors, meet CPC staff involved, and most of all, provide your perspective.
Comment on Draft Material
At various times during the project, key project documents will be posted on this website for review and comments. Download them, take a look and lets us know what you think. Are we headed in the right direction, are we meeting you needs, do you understand what we are trying to achieve? It is important that we hear from you and get your feedback.
Follow Along on Social Media
A ZoneDetroit Facebook page has been created specifically for this project. Like or follow us! Then get involved by posting your thoughts – what things do you like or don’t like about the current Zoning Ordinance? Post photos of places or developments that you like or don’t like. Comment on posts made by others. Tell your friends to get on the Facebook page as well!